WHAT TO EXPECT
HOW CAN I HELP YOU?
During your first visit, I'll be finding exactly how I can help you in the quickest and most effective way possible.
Do you need help with pain management? Do you have one chronic area that is giving you trouble? Is your goal to increase range of motion in a joint? Do you need help restoring function and strength to your muscles? Are you trying to meet athletic goals? Or, are you simply looking for a relaxing experience to manage stress?
I'll be asking questions like these and together we will come up with the perfect plan for your treatment therapy.
There are some helpful things you can do when it comes to preparing for a session. These guidelines tend to improve the experience and outcome so you can get the most out of your session.
1. Eat about 2 hours before a session so that you do not feel hungry.
2. Wear comfortable clothing that you can move around in easily.
3. During your treatment, focus as much as possible on your breathing.
Treatments work to switch you from the sympathetic (fight-or-flight) state to a parasympathetic (rest-and-digest) one in order to produce optimal healing and restoration.
4. Give yourself plenty of time to get to your appointment so you do not feel rushed or stressed.
5. Please turn off your cellphone.
This is your time and no one else’s. Give your body the attention it deserves and turn off your phone before your appointment actually starts to avoid forgetting.
6. Keep your mind, as best you can, on your body while you're getting your therapy. When you have attention on the sensations of your body, you'll be able to give me better feedback and I will use that information to give the most effective treatment.